The PRO Act would – finally – hold union-busters accountable for breaking the law and silence workers. President Joe Biden must make it his top priority.
What the PRO Act does:
- Creates monetary penalties against employers who try to illegally bust unions
- Strengthens protections for workers who are wrongly fired during union organizing campaigns
- Makes it easier for newly formed unions to secure their first contracts
- Overrides anti-union “right to work” laws
- Makes it harder for companies like Uber to avoid unions by misclassifiying employees as “independent contractors”
The Missourian has a good letter-to-the-editor today about the PRO Act.
And readers might want to check out https://passtheproact.org/
The newly elected U.S. Senate, House, and President must act and pass the PRO Act in order to return essential rights and freedoms to the American workers.